As we prepare for our fortieth annual race, we are still driven to produce the best event possible. Our participants have come to expect it and we make every effort to deliver. We stage this event for runners and walkers of all abilities. It is for those who want to enjoy a great running/walking experience, those who want to test themselves against the clock and for those who want to compete against the best of their age group.
What entrants can expect
Participation of Bill Rodgers, one of America's greatest marathoners. Four time Boston and New York winner (Click here for Bill's Bio) Bill first competed in our event in 1979.
- REALLY BIG RAFFLE! Each participant is automatically entered into our "Really Big Raffle" with the chance of winning one of hundreds of fun prizes. The computer generated drawing is held the Wednesday prior to the race and winners will be notified by email and can pick up their prize at early pick-up or the event.
- Certificate for additional complimentary Short Stack of Pancakes at participating area IHOP restaurants
- Rockin' Refuel by Shamrock Farms to help you recharge.
- Premium bottled water courtesy of Aqua Hydrate following your finish
- USAT&F Certified 10K & 5K Courses
- ChronoTrack Chip timing
- Split clocks each mile
- Video recall of your finish line kick
- Online and On-site video results
- Pancake flat course ideal for PR’s
- Great photo opportunity at the Paradise Valley Mall Diaper Derby
- To expedite their distribution, awards may be picked up at the "Awards Area" once posted on the video boards. Simply head over and claim you award. There will be no formal ceremony.
- Great seasonal running conditions
- Limited field size to control all areas of the event
- Again we are donating 50 entries to deserving GOTR program participants. In addition, 50 spots are being reserved and for $20, you can sponsor a GOTR girl by selecting the "Give a GOTR Girl a 5K Race Entry" option when prompted while registering yourself. Hope you can help get a deserving girl to the starting line. Donated entries will be awarded by GOTR program coaches
- Athlete photos from the course and around the venue will be posted and be available by Action Media LLC. Last year 6,000+ images were posted.
Following the 2017 race, we sent out a survey requesting a report card to see how we can improve our fortieth edition in 2018. Based on what we felt was very fair feedback, here are the scheduled upgrades/improvements for 2018.
Upgrades/Improvements for the 2018 Event
- New start times for the 5K and 10K. To avoid potential morning heat for the 10K and to ease impact of area streets and businesses, the new start times are adjusted to 10K: 7:30am, 5K Run: 9am, 5K Walk: 9:02am, Diaper Derby: 8:45am.
- Custom designed medals to all 5K, 10K and Double Stack finishers
- Double Stack entrants are now eligible for age group awards in the 5K/10K races and the Double Stack event.
- New lower entry fee of $5 for the Paradise Valley Mall Diaper Derby
- Continue to improve and enhance the IHOP Pancake service and presentation
- Separate 5K Run and Walk start times to avoid congestion.
- Re-position the results video screens to improve readability.
- Clarification of the Really Big Raffle guidelines and process. (Everyone is automatically entered as part of your entry)
- Better parking signage at early packet pick-up. (There is plenty of parking. We simply need to point it out better)